Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge energy equipment?Would you like the opportunity to work for an oilfield and energy services company?Join our world-class Oilfield Services & Equipment Team
The combination of Oilfield Services and Oilfield Equipment enhances our opportunity to become the premier upstream partner for our customers. We share over 78% of the same customers and operate across a nearly identical geographic footprint. We will deepen and strengthen customer relationships by bringing together our products and services, offering more comprehensive solutions aligned to their evolving needs.Partner with the best
The Lead Engineer (Surface Pressure Control) is responsible for Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space.As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Designing and Project Engineering for API (American Petroleum Institute) 6A Products - Surface Wellheads and Trees.
- Executing the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements. This work would include mechanical engineering for all products
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies, vested approaches, and methods.
- Communicating across direct organization. Presenting to senior leaders in specific technical space and on cross-functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to the overall strategy.
- Connecting the dots across technologies and developing cross-technology solutions; working on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver technology solutions for the business.
- Communicating across the function in the area of expertise.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
- Have 5+ years of experience in API (American Petroleum Institute) 6A Products
- Have 2+ years of experience with LabVIEW application software
- Advanced oral and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance with applicable law. Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you. Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.